Ubi's Tail

Our fostering began on September 12, 2005. We had been active with Cleveland Ohio Dog Advocates (CODA) since we adopted our family dog through them the previous year. This is the Tail of our foster pets.

Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

**All of our foster animals have been ADOPTED!!** We are waiting for a bit before taking the foster dog/cat. This is the TAIL of our foster animals through Cleveland Ohio Dog Advocates. Our family pets include cats: Herman, Spackle, Bear and our dog Annie. Now that you have the players set, let's get on with the show!!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Romp and Stomp

Dear Friends,
: ) My dog-sister and I have been playing in mom's tall ornamental grass. I noticed today that it wasn't quite so tall anymore. Mom said she would upload a picture of her new grass, post-Ubi, soon. We had a GREAT time hiding and jumping out to surprise each other. It was great!
Today I didn't do much, other than slobber on my dog-sister, chew on rawhides and play.
Denise from CODA came to check on me. I gave her LOTS of kisses, and she is impressed with how good I look. (I am mighty handsome, everyone says!)
My new humans are fun. They let me play with balls in the house. They are so round and roll-y. I like to chew on the cat's pom-poms. They tickle my mouth. I do know better than to chew on other things in the house. I know what my toys are, and what my human 3 year old sister's toy are.
I am learning that the little fuzzy puffs are called CATS, and they are my superiors. They tell me all the time when they whack me in the head. I respect them, and will do well with kitties in a new home, as long as they are as old an ornery as my 3 current bosses (Herman, Spackle and Bear).
My human sister likes to throw toys for me. I am pretty good about not jumping, and know DOWN! I am a very good listener!
Love,
Ubi
Mom's note:
Ubi is a very good sitter. He will sit with a hand signal and a verbal command.
Ubi is learning to sit at the door, instead of rushing out like a maniac.
He is an amazingly smart dog for his age. He seems to know what we ask him to do, and he is only 3-4 months old. He has an old soul with a bit of baby thrown in!
His crate has been clean for a while now! He definately is passing the crate training and house training hurdle! He is still learning that his crate is a comfort zone, not a punishment.
Other accomplishments include walking nicely on a leash. He may pull occasionally, but not very much. This may be due to his 'puppy gait'. He tends to gallop a bit, alternating with a nice walk. He is enjoying checking out the smells and sights! His favorite thing to watch is the squirrel show that takes place in our backyard almost daily, as the squirrels sit on the garage, surrounding bushes and walk along the fence top and wires to taunt the dogs. The squirrels actually chitter-chatter at the dogs to incite them!
That's all for tonight!
~Ubi's Foster Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home